When you support United Way, you’re helping to build a strong social safety net for members of your community. This means that people of all ages and stages of life have access to all the supports they need the most, when and where they need them.
More than ever before, BC communities need help addressing critical social issues. The United Way focuses on three areas in our community:
- Helping children and youth reach their full potential
- 17 UBC Okanagan students benefited from a Youth Futures Education Fund—a grant for former youth in care that provides students with funds that help them pay for basic living expenses like rent, food and tools needed for school.
- Moving people from poverty to possibility
- Healthy people, strong communities
- The United Way Regional Food Hub in the North Okanagan and its partners have delivered over 3,200 hampers and meals filled with local eggs, meat, fish, fruits, and vegetables to seniors, young families, and those impacted by the wildfires and floods of 2021.
Learn more about some of the lives impacted by your donations: